Every person wishes to have a skin that is healthy and glowing. With more and more stress in day to day life and faulty eating habits, the skin starts losing its fairness and becomes dull and unattractive. The beauty and make-up market is booming because skin problems have become very common. There are multiple products of skin care from different brands available in the market, yet nothing can come close to making your own homemade solution for skin problems. So let us get started with home remedies for a healthy skin.
Given below are a list of the homemade remedies for skin which you can use for getting a glowing and spot free skin.
● Aloe vera: The ingredients that are required in this method include aloe vera, turmeric, honey and milk. These ingredients have to be mixed together and then this mixture has to be applied on the face and left for half an hour. Then the mixture has to be rinsed off with warm water and the face has to be patted dry.
This face pack can be applied once or twice every week. Aloe vera is a one stop solution for skin problems. It is extremely nourishing and has rejuvenating properties which helps in giving a natural glow to the skin along with reducing wrinkles.
● Baking Soda: The ingredients that are required here include baking soda, olive oil and honey. These ingredients have to be mixed together in a bowl. The mixture has to be added on the face and left for around 15 minutes. The face has to be rinsed with cold water and then moisturizer has to be applied thoroughly.
This face pack has to be applied once or twice every week. Baking soda helps in exfoliating the dead cells of the skin and also in disinfecting any infections present in skin. This method is best for making the skin look soft and hydrated.
● Lemon: The ingredients that are required here include lemon and sugar. The mixture has to be mixed nicely and it has to be applied on the face. The mixture has to be scrubbed on the face in a circular motion and has to be left on for around ten minutes. The mixture has to be rinsed off with lukewarm water.
If this procedure is followed for two or three days a week, a person will be able to see the changes on his/her face. It helps in whitening the skin. It is extremely good for the skin because the granules of sugar helps in getting rid of the dead cells. Lemon also helps in cleansing and bleaching the skin . Lemon is considered to be one of the natural brightening agents for skin.
● Papaya: The ingredients that are required include ripe papaya, sandalwood powder and honey. The mixture has to be mixed well and applied to the face. It has to be washed off after twenty minutes and the face has to be rinsed with cold water. Papaya acts as a great moisturizer and skin toner.
You can feel much better by using these natural methods rather than using chemical skin care products from the market. You can also add meditation to your routine if you feel stress because stress can cause hormonal imbalance in your body causing your skin to lose its vigor and attractiveness.
There is hardly anyone who is unaware of the various health benefits of milk. Milk is a very important dietary supplement which helps in keeping the bones strong and healthy. But milk is also a great beauty supplement as well. Using milk on the face helps an individual to get a smooth and beautiful skin. Boiled milk does not consist of the all the necessary nutrients that your skin needs, but raw milk has it all. So lets get started to find out how to use milk on face for glowing skin?
Benefits of Raw Milk and How to Use It?
Given below are a list of advantages of raw milk for your skin:
● Raw milk is considered to be one of top natural whitening products. It works as a great skin toner which is perfect for all types of skin. Raw milk helps in reducing the fine lines from your face. It helps in making the skin of the face look younger. You can also add rose water to raw milk for getting enhanced results.
● One of the greatest effect of raw milk is moisturization. Raw milk helps in nourishing the deeper layers of the skin and conditioning the skin from inside. It helps in effectively treating the common problems of dryness during winter. Adding honey to raw milk is one of the best ways to make the skin glow and look younger.
● Raw milk acts as a cleanser which helps in deep cleaning of the skin pores which eliminates the dirt particles, dead cells and blackheads. Add gram flour to raw milk and make a paste. This paste has to be applied on the face and it has to be left on for around 30 minutes. It has to be scrubbed before it is cleaned off. This mask is the best method for making an exfoliating cleanser for the skin.
● Raw milk also acts as a great anti-tanning agent. This can be used along with the tomato juice for making a great anti-tan face pack. In order to make the paste, five almonds and five dates have to be soaked in raw milk for about an hour. All these ingredients have to be grinded together. The paste has to be applied to the face and left on for around fifteen minutes. Then wash the face with luke warm water.
● Raw milk when added with crushed banana makes a natural anti-ageing face pack. You can apply this face pack 3 days per week and can see your wrinkles and fine lines reduce significantly within 1 month.
● Raw milk when mixed with curd makes a natural sunscreen for your face. Before stepping out in the sun, use the mixture of curd and raw milk on your face and leave it for 30 minutes before washing it off. Now you can step out in sun for around 3 hours without having to worry about UV rays or tan.
This concludes some of the various benefits of raw milk for your skin. So stop thinking and start using raw milk to avail these benefits.
It is a well known fact that lemons are rich source of Vitamin C and contain approximately 6% citric acid. It is known its property of removing toxins from the body. But you can also use lemon juice for skin whitening. The ingredients present in it acts as natural bleaching agent especially the citric acid. Therefore lemon is used as a solution for problems like pigmentation and discoloration which are caused by sun damage, acne, scars, wrong diets etc.
However its use is not limited to face only, you can use the lemon easily on other body parts too such as knees and elbows for whitening these areas. Whenever we look our old pictures especially the childhood ones, we always miss our glowing skin. Well, everyone wants to have such a skin once again and it is possible with the use of lemon juice.
Why Lemon Juice is Efficient for Skin Whitening?
The question which arises in everyone’s mind is what features in lemon juice make it so effective for skin whitening. The answer is simple, Vitamin C of lemon is responsible for lightening the patches as well as dark spots. It is also a great source of anti-oxidants which reduces aging effects. Along with these, the acidic nature of lemon prevents the bacterial growth which reduces problems like pimples, acne, skin irritation.
Removing excess oil as well as sebum from pores of skin is another specialty of lemon juice which just adds to skin whitening. The natural bleaching properties of lemon penetrate in the skin and reduce the production of melanin in the face. It aids in tightening the large pores of face and cleansing them.
How to Apply Lemon Juice on Face?
Lets get started with various methods by which you can apply lemon juice on face.
1. Applying simple lemon juice
Simply applying the juice of half lemon on your face will help you in lightening the marks of scars and regulating the sebum which skin produces. However, on applying it on skin, you may find a little irritation for few seconds but you must not worry. Keep it for few minutes and then wash off it with cool water. But always be sure that you are using the fresh lemons instead of using bottled lemon juice.
2. With Potato
Just like lemon juice, potatoes also have bleaching properties so mixing potatoes with lemon juice and applying it on face for about 20 minutes will help you in reducing pigmentation and uneven color of skin.
3. Applying lemon juice with honey
Using lemon juice with honey acts as a natural bleacher and moisturizer. Putting this mixture on your face for 30 minutes and washing it off leaves a hydrated and youthful skin along with reducing wrinkles and dark spots.
4. Lemon Peels
People can also use lemon skin for skin whitening. First you have to dry the skin of lemon in sun and then make a fine powder out of it. Whenever you want to apply it on your face, take small quantity of it and mix it with raw milk to form a fine paste. Regularly applying this mixture for even 2 weeks will offer you a whitened and glowing skin.
If you mix lemon juice and sugar, it acts as a natural scrub for your face. Not only using lemon externally on face helps in getting rid of various skin problems, but drinking lemon juice also cleans your system internally which enhances digestion and purifies blood causing your skin to cleanse internally. Have you used lemon before for skin care, if yes, then share your results in comments below.
Rosewater has properties which makes your skin beautiful. It has been used as a skin toner for centuries. If you apply rosewater to your face, it will leave a cooling sensation on your face. The healing property of rosewater makes it perfect for all types of skins. This liquid has phenyl ethanol, which is an astringent. It helps to reduce blemishes and acne. It is a very natural and mild antiseptic, so it is very safe and recommended for all.
Rosewater also has the capability to heal an inflamed skin by stimulating the blood circulation beneath the inflamed area. The pH level of our skin can also be maintained by the application of this liquid.
If you make it a habit of applying this liquid on your face regularly, you can get a glower, softer and young looking skin. People with problems like dermatitis and eczema can also use this liquid without any hesitation. When your face gets tired and dull look, you can spray this liquid on your face to give yourself a cooling sensation and brighten up your face. When rosewater and glycerin are used together, a person will be able to feel the difference on his/her skin within a short period of time.
Beauty Benefits of Glycerin
In many skin care products, you will find the use of glycerin. It is a viscous liquid which looks like oil but has immense benefits on skin. It can penetrate deep into the skin and clean pores well. The best thing is that, it moisturizes your skin without making your skin oily. It keeps your skin hydrated and soft.
Rosewater and Glycerin Toner
A mixture of rosewater and glycerin when applied on skin works as an excellent toner. It maintains the required pH balance and keeps your skin healthy and nourished.
You need to wash your face before applying this liquid on your face. You can make this mixture by yourself at home. You can keep this mixture in a spray bottle and spray it on your skin when your skin feels dry. Your skin gets a glow and bright look after its application. Rosewater and glycerin even when taken individually are amazing for the skin.
There are multiple benefits which you can get with the application of these two ingredients. The moisturizing and hydrating property of these two liquids helps in slowing down the rate of skin ageing. You can also make a face pack with these two ingredients by mixing a little bit of sandalwood powder in it. Make a paste and apply it to your face and neck. It will reduce the blemishes on your skin and remove the excess oil. Let the paste remain on your skin for some time and then rinse it with warm water. Then wipe your face with a towel.
How to Make Rosewater and Glycerin Toner at Home?
To make this rosewater and glycerin toner by yourself at home, you need to mix one and a half cup of rosewater and one-fourth cup of glycerin. Get a spray bottle and pour the mixture into it. Shake it well before you spray it on your face. Leave it on your face for 30 minutes before washing. This mixture can not only make your skin soft and bright but will also let you have an even tone on your skin by reducing pigmentation and marks.
Loved this post, share it with your friends and/or leave your comments below.
Neem (Azadirachta Indica) is known for its antibacterial and anti-fungal property. Neem has been used by people since ancient times in order to get rid of the various skin problems. Neem is considered to be a miracle herb which has numerous benefits for body. Neem is also referred to as “wonder leaf” as it is very popular for its medicinal properties and is used in many ayurvedic medicines. Neem is used in a variety of forms which include neem water, neem soap, neem powder or even neem oil. The best way to use neem for availing its properties is by making a paste out of it.
It is very easy to prepare neem paste. You just have to grind the neem leaves along with water. In case, if fresh neem leaves are not available, you can also get hold of the dried neem powder available in the market to make the paste.
Benefits of Neem Paste
Neem has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties which prevents infections or any kind of allergy on the skin. It also clears out spot marks on face which are left by acne, burns, pimples or wounds. Applying neem paste heals pimples and acne within few days and also prevents fresh acne from popping up on the skin. It also helps to eradicate pigmentation of skin.
You will be able to see the difference on your face within few days of usage of neem. There are also ready made herbal syrups and tablets containing neem which cleanse your body internally. One precaution about neem is that you must not take it orally for long period of time as it may lead to digestive problems, miscarriage (in pregnant women) or infertility.
Benefits of Honey for Skin
Now lets discuss benefits of honey for skin. Honey is a powerhouse of many essential nutrients and hence it is considered to be a favorite of many herbal beauticians. Honey has been a very important part of households for a long period of time. Applying honey to the skin regularly can provide significant changes.
Listed below are the benefits of honey on skin.
● Honey helps to moisturize the skin deeply, therefore many herbal skin products contain honey. Honey contains enzymes which can easily penetrate into the skin and condition it, thereby making it soft and smooth from within.
● Honey is capable of cleansing the pores and getting rid of blackheads. Honey contains antibacterial properties along with antioxidants, which helps to rejuvenate the skin and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
● Honey also acts a great exfoliator. Artificial exfoliators can cause the skin to become red and can also lead to irritation. Honey helps in exfoliating the skin and the face by removing all the dead cells on the skin. This also leaves the skin with a bright and beautiful complexion.
● Honey also helps in removing the scars that are left by wounds, burns or acne. It acts as an extremely good antiseptic which takes care of the skin.
Honey and Neem are natural products and hence chances of side effects are none when applied externally. Do you want to share your view on honey or neem? if yes, then do comment below.
Though there are already many face peel off masks available in the market, but the best natural and safe method is to make a diy (do it yourself) face peel off mask at home itself. Peel off masks have some inherent benefits like cleaning the skin pores more deeply, making the skin more radiant and reducing blackheads. Using peel off masks at home gives you more satisfying experience. Peels offs can easily remove dirt and dead skin cells from your skin and it also tightens the pores and stimulates the blood circulation on face. It ultimately makes your skin glow and look soft.
Now you do not need to try various synthetic peel offs from market as we will tell you how to make a face peel off mask at home itself. Peel off masks made at home are fresh and require simple ingredients which not only saves time and money but also gives better results.
How to Make Peel off Masks?
Ok, so lets get started with 2 different methods of making face peel off masks at home.
Method 1: Peel off Mask with Activated Charcoal and Gelatin
Applying this black gritty charcoal on your skin is known for removing dirt and dust from your skin and making your skin glow eventually. When this element is mixed in peel off masks, it enhances the benefits of peel off mask. The gelatin used in the peel off mask helps your skin to reduces the skin wrinkles and fine lines by replenishing the collagen present in your skin. The ingredients that are required in making peel off mask with this method include half a tablespoon of unflavored gelatin, one tablespoon distilled water, and half teaspoon activated charcoal.
Step 1: Mix gelatin and activated charcoal in a bowl. You will require half a tablespoon of gelatin powder and half a teaspoon of activated charcoal for this.
Step 2: Pour one tablespoon warm distilled water into the above mixture and mix it properly.
Step 3: Make your face clean and dry before applying. You can also place a wet and warm towel on your face so that the pores of your skin open up. Now apply the above mixture on your face for half an hour and then wash it off.
Method 2: Orange and Gelatin Peel Off Mask
Orange is full of antioxidants which when applied on skin can prevent your skin from ageing. This fruit is full of Vitamin C which can give an instant glow to your tired and dull face. The gelatin used in this mask replenishes the collagen of your skin and gives your skin a healthy and soft look.
Step 1: Mix orange and gelatin in a bowl. Put two tablespoons of gelatin in a bowl. Add four tablespoons of fresh orange juice.
Step 2: Heat the mixture for some time and make sure that the gelatin powder dissolves completely in the orange juice. Then remove it from the pan and keep it aside and let it cool down so that you can apply it to your face.
Step 3: Make your face clean and dry, before you apply it. Apply it in layers, at least three layers is recommended. Then relax for an hour and let your mask get dry.
After that, pull it off, rinse your face with water and apply a light moisturizer. Apply this mask on your face once in a week.
So now you have learnt how to make face peel off mask at home. If you want to share your experience with face peel off mask, then leave a comment below.
Some people may get a little surprised to hear the usage of turmeric for a fair skin? But it is true that apart from cooking purpose, this ingredient of ginger family is very helpful in beauty treatments too. It’s plant is generally grown in warm and tropical climate which has a good amount of rainfall. The rhizomes and stem part is harvested and dried. After that, it is crushed into a yellow colored fine powder. It is an essential ingredient in food in many East Asian countries and also possesses natural antibiotic properties. It medicinal qualities include repairing of free radicals, reducing the pigmentation of face, treatment of burns and skin discoloration.
Before we get into the topic of “how to get fair skin with turmeric?”, let us find out what causes fading of skin color. Even though the presence of melanin in top layer of skin determines skin color, but some people get their skin tone fainting due to over exposure of sun, pollution, faulty food habits, consistent digestive problems etc. There are various products in the market for lightening the skin but use of such products can be harmful for your skin due to side effects from chemicals. But you can safely use turmeric for reducing your melanin and lightening your skin tone.
How Turmeric Helps in Skin Lightening?
Let’s find out how turmeric helps in getting a fair skin.
1. Reducing melanin
It has compound “curcumin” which is very helpful in resolving hyperpigmentation as well as production of melanin. The pituitary gland secrets the ACTH hormone which supports MC1R and it is responsible for stimulating the production of melanin. The curcumin of turmeric restricts this hormone, so ultimately melanin production is reduced which results in lightening the skin as well as reducing hyper-pigmentation of skin.
2. Treating oily skin
Turmeric acts as a magic on oily skin. It has phytosterols along with fatty acids which works in an excellent way to reduce the oil production on skin.
3. Protecting skin from sun damage
Exposure of skin to sun radiations enhances the production of enzyme metalloproteinase-2 which will degrade the collagen present in between middle and outer layer of skin. Turmeric inhibits this enzyme and prevents the damage of skin.
4. Used as Anti-aging
The anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric are really very helpful in reducing the effects of skin aging. Using turmeric for few days will definitely provide visible changes in pigmentation, dark spots and wrinkles. It also reduces the presence of free radicals in the body which cause wrinkles on face.
5. Treating acne
The anti-bacterial properties of Curcumin are definitely helpful in treating pimples, acne and other allergic reactions on skin.
How to Use Turmeric for Skin Lightening?
For having flawless skin, you can use turmeric mixed with lemon as a paste and then apply it on your face. Leave it on your face for 30 minutes and then wash off. Using this natural face pack can yield significant results within 2-3 weeks.
There are also many ready made herbal products for skin care in market which contain turmeric, but the best option still is to make it turmeric face pack at home to see best results. If you would like to add your suggestion, reply to this topic, then do leave your comment below.
Each and every person thinks to have a glowing and picture perfect skin. It does not matter which profession or work area a person is associated with. It can be a student, working professional, businessmen or a homemaker, but the need for a healthy and glowing skin is same for them. There are many products that are available in the market which promise to give a fair and beautiful skin. But these products mostly do not keep up their promise and end up giving no significant results or in some case damaging the skin even more. A person should not recklessly use any and every product for achieving a perfect skin (especially chemical products).
Before we check out on “how to get natural glow on face?”, lets see some reasons as to why skin loses its natural glow. The prominent reasons are stress, hectic work timings, lack of proper diet, inadequate sleep, pollution, ultraviolet rays of the sun, smoking and drinking habits. Some of these reasons cannot be avoided. So lets see how some natural products can provide glow on your face.
How to Take Care of Skin with Natural Methods?
It is true that a person cannot hold on to their age, but one can easily slow down ageing process. The homemade natural methods are very useful in comparison to all the chemical products when it comes to skin care. Given below are a list of home remedies which help in getting back the natural glow of your face.
● Turmeric is very good for skin as it has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric helps in getting rid of the free radicals that damage the skin. It also helps in enhancing the collagen production and keeps the skin glowing. The turmeric powder has to mixed with gram flour and milk. These ingredients should be mixed evenly to form a paste. Apply this paste evenly on your face and leave it for approx 30 minutes. Then wash off with lukewarm water. This procedure should be followed thrice every week. One will be able to observe significant changes to their skin in just 2-3 weeks.
● Coconut oil is also very good for skin as it helps the skin to gain softness. The coconut oil has to be warmed up a little and then it should be applied on the neck and face. The oil has to massaged on the face (for 10-15 minutes) and left overnight for best results. Apart from this method, sugar can also be added to the oil to make it work like a natural scrub. This scrub will help in exfoliating the skin i.e. removing dead cells. Coconut oil provides excellent results for skin glow. Coconut oil has phenolic compounds which helps in giving a glowing and fresh skin to everyone who uses it.
● Aloe vera is another ingredient which is very good for the skin. Aloe vera has to be mixed with honey and sugar and then the paste has to be applied to the face. This paste has to be left on for twenty to thirty minutes on face. The paste has to be rinsed off with water and then the face has to be patted dry. This homemade face pack has to be applied for at least two days every week. Aloe vera gel is considered to be the best solution for all problems of the skin. It has both healing and nourishing properties which helps in rejuvenating the skin.
You can follow the above listed methods to get natural glow on face. If you want to add some more method which has worked for you or want to share your experience, then do leave your comment below.
A person’s worst nightmare is to have pimples as it renders the face unattractive and is also difficult to hide. Any beautiful face can get ruined by pimples and its aftermarks. The problem enhances if you have to go to party, or some important meeting or function due to which you have to think about various ways to hide these pimples. Both men and women are affected by pimples. Before getting into the topic of “How to reduce pimples on face?”. lets take a look at the reasons which cause it.
Pimples can occur due to many reasons like accumulation of pollution, dirt and dust on your face, skin allergy, digestive disorders, hormonal changes during puberty, stress, oily foods etc. Pimples also cause itchiness in some people and even leave aftermarks. So what should you do to reduce pimples? Let us see some ways and precautions to reduce pimples.
1. Wash Your Face Twice a Day
You go to many places during the day as a result of which dust and pollutants get clinged to your face. Washing your face twice a day preferably with luke warm water clears and disinfects your skin. If you wash your face with neem water i.e neem leaves boiled in water (neem = Azadirachta indica), then you can witness pimples reducing at very quick rate.
2. Keep Your Hands Off
Actually, we touch many things during traveling which stick to our palm and when we touch our face with these palm, the dirt and infections get transferred to our face which enhance the spread of pimples. So its better to wash your hands regularly if you are suffering from pimple problem.
3. Avoid Stress
Be it students, office worker or businessmen, stress has become inevitable for many due to work load, family problems, social problems etc. Stress disrupts the hormonal balance of body which further enlarges the problem of pimples. You can try meditation to balance mind and body which in-turn helps to control skin problems too.
Exercise or workout is really the best way to solve many problems at once. During exercise your body releases sweat and also cleanses the body from within along with getting an enhanced supply of oxygen which also benefits the skin.
The toothpaste method is one of the popular methods online for treating pimples. Yes, using toothpaste over the pimples can make it to disappear soon because of the presence of silica in it. However, this method should be used with caution as some toothpastes which contain excess of chemical ingredients may also harm your skin.
Aloe vera is a storehouse of magnificent properties for skin. It not also helps in eradicating pimples but also helps to make the skin soft, glowing and even toned. It would be better if you apply paste of direct aloe vera leaf. In absence of aloe vera leaf, you can use herbal aloe vera gel too. Aloe vera also helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles from your face.
7. Better Hygiene and Diet
If you have pimples, you must take proper care of your hygiene. Don’t use others handkerchiefs or towels. Wash hands regularly and keep your clothes clean. Stay away from junk foods and oily foods. Increase intake of raw foods like salads and fruits.
You can make your skin pimple free using the above tips and precautions. Try to stay away from chemical products and rely more on homemade and/or herbal products. Drink more water and exercise. This concludes this article on “how to reduce pimples on face?”. Feel free to leave a comment below regarding your methods/suggestions/experiences on pimple reduction.